When it comes to your home, you deserve peace of mind knowing your family and belongings are protected in the event of the unexpected. But sometimes it can be tricky to understand different insurance jargon. In this video series, we make it easy.

For instance, dwelling coverage is a term you might come across when looking for home insurance coverage. This is the part of your home insurance policy that protects your house, rather than the personal property inside of it. Think of it as the four walls that hold up your roof, and not what those walls contain. In the event something like lightning, hail or fire causes damage to your home, dwelling coverage will pay for the necessary repairs to restore your property back to its previous condition.

While insurance jargon can be difficult to understand, it doesn’t have to be! Talk to an Amica representative – we're here to help you have a great experience.

Get to know more about complex insurance terms by watching our complete Jargon Busters video series.